Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Dolphins

I don't like zoos or any animals held in captivity so people can make money.
There is a tourist attraction here called the Dolphin Experience.  For $85 you can watch the dolphins to tricks and then get in the water with them and scratch their backs or something.  We weren't going to do that.

But we discovered a "back door" to the place we could reach by dinghy.  Of course they are very friendly and curious.

I spent a lot of time with this guy.  He proved to be a very good listener.
I told him I would set them all free if I could.  When I stood up and said good-bye he raised out of the water and "squeeked" good-bye to me!
Today I learned that they're not really captives at all.  Their handlers/trainers lead them into the ocean all the time and they just follow the boat.  They parade them down the channel and they go back to their "home."  I guess three squares a day is worth a lot to a dolphin.

I love them.  They are so smart and so gentle.


No comments: